Beginner camera training (Bookings closed for 2019)
This course is perfect for beginners and enthusiasts who are eager to learn the basics of their DSLR Camera in an informal setting. If you’re an amateur photographer who feels frustrated with the photos you are currently taking, but don’t know how to improve, this course is exactly what you need. Camera training is offered on location instead of in a normal classroom and incorporates the practical application of basic camera skills while actually taking photos.
This one-to-one method will allow you to learn at a pace suited to your skill level as we cover the basic theory before going out to take photos. If you’re looking to move away from “Auto” mode, and take control of your creative vision, this is the perfect setting to do so.
For beginners who feel frustrated with the photos they are currently taking, but don’t know how to improve, this course is exactly what you need.
Who is the course for?
- Beginners – no previous photography or DSLR camera experience.
- Amateurs – previous experience with a DSLR Camera but looking to get more creative with their photography.
Duration and Price
- 3-hour session (1-hour indoor theory + 2-hour outdoor practical)
- £100 one-to-one (or £170 if you bring a friend)
Training is held in London and the South of England. The idea is to find a coffee shop or café where we’ll go through camera setup and theory first. Once you understand the basics, we venture outdoors to practice some basic photography.
If you don’t have your own DSLR camera and lens, you can rent one from me for the duration of the session. CLICK HERE for more details
The course includes
- One-to-one photography tuition
- Ergonomics of the camera body and lens (What do all the buttons, screens and sockets do?)
- Shooting modes and when to use them (getting off Program mode)
- Understanding your camera menus
- Focal length and camera shake
- What is exposure and how to get it right
- The focusing system
- Using your histogram to see light
- Basic composition rules
- What you don’t need to worry about on the camera.
Please Email me if you’re interested in booking a session
If you’re unsure whether this is the course for you, give me a call on 07796757377 for a chat to discuss how I can help you.
Wayne Marinovich is a successful photographer and published author living in West Sussex in the UK. Through his love of the natural world, and a passion for photographing the urban landscape, he is now offering 1-2-1 tailored photographic sessions.
With 35 years of photography experience, these sessions will be geared around teaching you how to capture the images you’ve always imagined by making the most of your photographic equipment.
Wayne will help you to unleash your creativity and inspire you to see the world with fresh eyes through your viewfinder.