Intermediate DSLR Photography Skills (Bookings closed for 2019)
During your photographic journey, your technical ability grows with each photo you take. Your eye for detail and composition grows exponentially as you try and experiment. As this all happens, you may find yourself wanting to be more creative with your camera, but are not be sure how to do this.
If this sounds like you, then the Intermediate DSLR Photography Skills course is the one for you. It balances understanding the technical aspects of your camera, with composing images in a variety of settings and lighting conditions. The best way to improve your photography skills and learn to push the boundaries is to get out there and trip that shutter release. On this course, I’ll be working alongside you to help you get the photos you visualise taking.
Who is the course for?
- Amateur – you have been taking photos as a hobby, keeping to Program mode and other Automatic settings
- Intermediate level – You’ve done photography for a few years and are comfortable with Aperture and Shutter speed modes. You have a good understanding of exposure and the basic principles of shooting on Manual but may be scared to do it.
Duration and Price
- 4-hour session (1 hour indoor theory + 3 hour outdoor street walk)
- Duration of the theory session and outdoor walk might differ according to your skill level.
- £150 one-to-one (or £250 bring a friend).
Training is held in London and the South of England. The idea is to find a coffee shop or café where we’ll go through camera setup and theory first. Once you understand the basics, we venture outdoors to practice some intermediate photography.
- If you don’t have your own DSLR Camera and lens, you can rent one from me for the duration of the session. CLICK HERE for more details
The content covered in the training
- One-to-one Photography tuition
- Meet up in a coffee shop or bar for a refresh of the basics or to go over areas that you’ve not covered before.
- What is exposure and how to get it right? Practice changing aperture, shutter speed, ISO and exposure compensation to get the right exposure
- Using your histogram to see light
- Focal length and camera shake
- The focusing system
- The different composition rules
- Depth of field exercises
Please email me if you’re interested in booking a session
If you’re unsure whether this is the course for you, give me a call on 07796757377 for a chat to discuss how I can help you
Wayne Marinovich is a successful photographer and published author living in West Sussex in the UK. Through his love of the natural world, and a passion for photographing the urban landscape, he is now offering 1-2-1 tailored photographic sessions.
With 35 years of photography experience, these sessions will be geared around teaching you how to capture the images you’ve always imagined by making the most of your photographic equipment.
Wayne will help you to unleash your creativity and inspire you to see the world with fresh eyes through your viewfinder.